Sunday, July 27, 2008

Awesome Arizona Vacation


OK - I've been shamed into trying to add content to my site!
Obviously it's tough to teach an old Moose new tricks!

HIKE to HAVASUPAI - June 24, 2008

We got up WAY TOO EARLY in the morning to head to Supai Hilltop to begin the hike down the canyon to the Indian Reservation. Kayla, Britney and Adam arrived in about 3 hours and 30 mintues and the rest of us arrived about an hour later - probably around 10 a.m. - - which was just in time to sit on the lovely concrete porch because they wouldn't let us check in yet - this gave us the opportunity to make some incredibly tasty freeze dried food for lunch - which I was happy to share with everyone because I really didn't want to have to haul it back out of the canyon.

As soon as we could get into our hotel room and ditch all of our packs we headed to the Havasu Falls. It was incredible!

While Alan was busy giving me pointers on how to actually use my camera to get better pictures, the rest of the pack was down enjoying the water - good thing it was really HOT because the water was extremely COLD. Unfortunately I had brought a really attractive swimsuit that I wore in the 70s and as soon as I got in the water it became crystal clear that there was no longer any elastic left in the fabric and it was soon hanging down to my kneecaps. Good thing we don't have a photo of that - however, I do have a really cool photo of Kayla and her very coloroful ankle. She wasn't very pleased when I mentionted that it looked like a case of Elephantitis. Good thing she's actually a tough little rodent.

Okay - we'll, I'm sure I've bored everyone to tears - and driven myself crazy - It appears that what you see in the 'compose' window is definitely not what you get to see after you post the blog - so signing off now!
Perhaps when I return Emily will have taken pity on me and made my blog look really cool - p.s. Emily - my favorite colors are Blue, Purple and Pink in case you can't tell.

9 comments:

Mythreesons said...

Well, then we want to see the awesome pictures! Alan's being super slow in getting his pics up... maybe you guys will beat him to it? I can't wait to see the pics. Also, if you give me your login info for the blog, I'll go in and change your background and make it fancy schmancy. You can even send me some pictures if you'd like them included in the title or what not. Just let me know what you had in mind! I look forward to many more blog posts!

princess jen said...

Alan is being REALLY slow. I haven't even really seen any of the pictures yet either.

Alan J said...

You forgot the best part of the trip: the company of your awesome nephew/cousin.

The Andersens said...

yeah...post some pictures!!! i want to see!!!!
glad you had a fun trip, despite the heat!! :)

princess jen said...

Yay for pictures! I had so much fun with you!

The Andersens said...

yay for posting pictures and telling us about your trip!! i'm now even more sad that Topher and I didn't go. looks like it was a blast. perhaps next time though. what happened to kayla's ankle!?? ouch. definitely post some more stuff. i love reading it!

Mythreesons said...

Look! You added the pictures! And I love your commentary... you made me laugh. I will definitley get to work on making your blog super awesome.

Super Daysh said...

Go you Moose! I'm so proud of you and your blog post! I thought we would never get anything! :) Looks like a fun trip - except for the elephantitis(sp?) ankle- poor little Kayla. She is quite the trooper!

M&M factory said...

We sure enjoyed the grand canyon also. The picture of the feet at first I thought who in the heck? Those ankles looked way too big to be Kaylas.